Quito Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Quito Urban Adventures offers a unique experience in one of the most beloved cities in Latin America through our selection of Quito tours you won't find anywhere else. Our multilingual guides enjoy sharing their extensive knowledge about the natural and cultural riches of the city of Quito.
Ecuadorians are a people known for their cultural diversity and friendliness and along these Quito sightseeing tours you will have the opportunity to interact with them and gain unique insight into their daily lives.
As local experts on Quito, we are here to help provide you with a memorable journey as you travel to Ecuador. Our goal is for you to have fun on your Quito Urban Adventures city tour whether the focus is culture or Ecuador’s incredible biodiversity. We are passionate travel professionals anxious to give you an unforgettable experience while showing you the many wonders of Quito!
from 3 reviews
From USD 99.00
A gold leaf church and an imposing monastery are what Quito’s Old Town is all about. See them both on this Quito tour as well as heading into the kitchen of a local bakery that has been mastering the art of quesadillas and Quiteñian sweets for four generations.more...
Quito Market Discovery
from 2 reviews
From USD 99.00
Wherever you go in the world, markets are the source of the freshest food around and Ecuador is no exception. Join this Quito tour to discover (and taste) the ingredients that go into the signature dishes of this region.more...
Condors and Culture in Otavalo
from 2 reviews
From USD 156.00
Condors may be strong and skillful but sometimes even birds of prey get the blues. Visit a rehabilitation centre for condors that are down on their luck, then enjoy a nature walk, a visit to a sacred waterfall and some down time at a craft market. This Quito tour isn't full of the usual travel suspects.more...
Quito Sweet & Culinary Experience
from 1 review
From USD 99.00
Do I smell empanadas? Join this Quito tour for a day of power-eating and empanada-making. Taste rich caramel at sweet-making institution, see quesadillas being made at a bakery and learn how to make tamales and empanadas in a local masters home.more...
All Souls Day
Place: Quito - [ 02/11/2015 ]
This celebration is the result of a combination between indigenous beliefs and the Catholic religion.Festivities of Quito
Place: Quito - [ 01/12/2015 - 06/12/2015 ]
During the first week of December the citizens of Quito celebrate the founding of the city, which starts with the election of the Queen of Quito.New Year´s Eve
Place: All Country - [ 31/12/2015 - 01/01/2016 ]
On December 31st people celebrate New Years Eve in Quito by burning elaborate, life-sized dolls in the streets at midnight, which symbolizes leaving all bad things in the past and welcoming the new.more events...
Quito is all about food!
more... more stories...
05 Aug 2014 This was a wonderful tour! All of the shoppes were different and gave a different feel. If you love food you will enjoy this tour. It was so much fun to make the pastries by hand, meet locals and see the kitchens in action.
11 Mar 2014 We traveled on three different day trips. Byron, our guide, was wonderful. He was able to assist us on our adventures, treated us with great care and knew many of the local spots to visit. The owner Pablo was ready to help us whenever we called. All of the staff wanted us to have a memorable vacation. I would highly recommend this company. Everyone was great.
05 Mar 2014 I was the only person on the tour, so I really appreciated the fact that the tour was not cancelled just because I was the only person.
05 Mar 2014 I was the only person on the tour - it was great that the trip was not cancelled for this reason.
14 Dec 2013 We were unable to see condors flying because there was no wind! However the day was dantastic with Santiago our guide who looked after us so very well.
The main goal of Quito Urban Adventures is to provide a quality of service that exceeds your expectations. Through our unique tours of Quito, our team includes professional guides who not only show you the most interesting sites Quito has to offer, but also give you unique insight into the Ecuadorian lifestyle while sharing with you some of the city’s many secrets, traditions and legends. Because of its unique multiethnic culture and biodiversity, Quito offers a variety of experiences for visitors and locals alike making an urban adventure in the city an ideal choice for your Ecuador holiday.
Feels like: 10°C
Passing clouds. Cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.